Possible Logitech Z-2300 issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VampD

In Runtime
I really liked my previous logitech speakers and needed a new pair so I figured I would treat myself and order a nice 2.1 THX certified system. The Logitech Z-2300s got amazing reviews and are apparently superior to their successor models in various ways so I went with this and got it on Amazon. The sound was great and all I hoped for but unfortunately for me my first pair all of a sudden stopped turning on after a week of light use. I researched the issue and found out that it is somewhat prone to having the fuse blown out. Instead of replacing the fuse and see if it worked it I followed most other peoples recommendation to swap it out for a whole new set under Amazons return policy since something else might have been wrong and it just wasn't worth the risk ( didn't get charged for shipping and they shipped me priority shipping a new set ).

My 2nd set that came in hooked up great and turned on fine but I noticed weird glue residue on the top of the subwoofer that I was able to wipe off but more importantly I noticed a larger gap of 3-4 millimeters where the front silver panel holding the great connects to the main black box on the subwoofer. The gap is large enough that I can see a sliver of the insides of the subwoofer along with some very slight residue glue around where the front panel connects to the main box. The sound is great and I don't know if this gap could effect the performance or not of the subwoofer or grow loose over time or something. Also the amazon guy assured me its a new set even though it wasn't as prestine and clean as my first set. Should I return the 2nd set or am I just being completely paranoid? I got even more worried and paranoid after reading logitech z-2300 horror stories on newegg and amazon where the wiring fails in a short period of time and logitech refuses to pay the $50 it costs in shipping to send the failed unit in for a replacement.

Is it worth it to just turn it in for another set? I'm asking because I could get an even worse set and have the whole cycle repeated again of unwrapping and wrapping etc etc but then again my current set might be showing possible signs of being defective? I'm really dissapointed in the variable build quality with logitech speakers, but despite that they still sound great and get amazing reviews. There always seems to be terrible reviews of any product on newegg and amazon anyways...maybe reading all of them is making me more paranoid. What would you guys do if you were in my case?

PS: Thank god for Amazons no hassle free shipping label return policy, theres no real reason to buy from newegg anymore other then wanting a unique item

Only you know whether you are OK with the damage.

I don't normally return items for cosmetic damage and it seems pretty doubtful that it is an indicator of functional problems, but like I said, only you know whether you can live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom