DVD Playback Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrynham

Baseband Member
Hi,
I know I'm being a bit picky but the DVD quality played on my new computer is not as good as my old one......

On my new computer, if I look closely I can see pixel lines and blocks. However on my old computer the image is very smooth and clear....

This new computer runs Windows XP SP1 and uses Winfast DVD to play the DVD, It is a 2.8Ghz P4 HT with a Geforce FX5600 256mb and Sony 16X DVDROM.

The old one runs Windows 98 SE and uses Qi DVD Player. and has TNT 8mb Video Card and Pioneer 6x DVDROM.

Could anyone know what the quality is worse on the new computer? is it software or hardware probably? :confused:

However I should mention that, when I play the DVD on my HD TV the pixel lines and blocks are still there?.....:confused:

Thanks.

search for the Qi DVD player and try it on your new machine. it might be your DVD disc is scratched or data on it is bad or original source is low quality. what DVD is this you are watching? and is it a burnt copy?

it happens on all the DVD I have and im fairly sure they are not scratched as they are brand new and originals. It might be the DVD Player program......since Qi DVD player is hard to find for 'free'. I tried PowerDVD6, Windows Media Player 9, and a few others, and they were all the same......However trying Nvidia's NVDVD 2.0 I noticed a slight difference in quality...but that was only the trial version......

OK lets start with your monitor (s), are you using the same monitor on both systems? If not try swapping the monitors.

Have you tried Cinemaster (QI) on your new sys? Try here:

http://www.dvdsoft.f4w.net/cinemaster.html

Fraid I don't know owt about HDTV but common sense tells me if a standard DVD is blown up to higher HD (than normal NTSC or PAL) resolutions then you will LOSE clarity and INCREASE pixelation.

they are different monitors but it did the same thing when I switched them around. They are both 17", and the only difference is the new one is a Flat CRT.

I guess it probably would be the program.....but I always thought all programs were the same in terms of quality? :confused:

does anyone know what is the best dvd program to use? in terms of image quality? and also where i can download it?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom