Computer Freezes/Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipodman

Beta member
Hi All,

Well my problem started ever since I did a new install of my computer windows XP, I did this as my computer was starting to run slow and I usually do this anyway about every 6 months.

But now whenever I play a game or run a program sometimes the computer just freezes and I cannot do nothing, But this is the problem it does not do it every time it only does it on some occasions.

The problem was not here before I did the new install of XP before that the games worked and no problems,

Any help would be very helpful and any other information need just ask.

-Ipodman-
http://uniquewebmaster.com

List system Specs.

I would google, download and run Memtest86 for a few hours.

I would also get a hold on a DMM and check the voltages comming out of your Power supply.

Hi,

Well these are the stats I can get:- If you have a site where you can get full stats it would help for the link.

Windows XP
Service Pack 2
CPU. 2.53Ghz
224 RAM

This is what I can get as I said above a link to a site where I can get more information would help you I bet.

Im assuming you have Onboard video since it appears some of your 256 MB of RAM is Shared.
You May want to add more RAM, 224 MB is kinda Low, especially if your trying to game...

Im sure you can Enter the CMOS Setup And Find out What motherboard your using and Possibly the specifications of the HD, and RAM.

Hi,

Have you got a link to a program or site where i could use it to find out about the whole specs of my computer?

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer AWARD_
System Model AWRDACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2533 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 29/07/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.2
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 256.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 19.00 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 546.09 MB
These are some of the spec, Ask if you need more:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom