Compaq Armada 1700 driver problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidbowiefan

Solid State Member
:confused: I'm stumped I've done absolutely everything to my knowledge to figure this problem out, seems like I may have to get a new sound card or go back to having Windows 98 again.

Anyway, heres my problem, I just recently upgraded to Windows XP Pro on my used laptop I got a few christmas's ago the thing is, now that I have XP on my laptop I cannot play any music files Mp3's, Wave, WMA ect ect... I can play CD's though but not music files does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Do I need a new sound card? I cannot find any drivers compatible with my laptop, so it's quite possible the sound card I have installed isn't compatible with Windows XP, the other thing is if thats the case, I may not be able to get a new sound card anyways beacuse I think my sound card is attached to my mother board, thats what a friend told me when she was upgrading my computer to Windows XP Pro.:mad: :(

Well I looked but I cannot find Windows XP Pro under the operating systems, what it says under my laptop is 6300/T/5000/D/M/1 and I went to the site, it asked me to pick a operating system, Windows XP isn't on there, so I'm guessing I dont have a driver compatible with my compaq armada?

yeah I just did that but I get a yellow marker beside the driver but then other times it's not there! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

This is gonna drive me crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom