Cd-r

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley88

Baseband Member
mourning folks

to start off , i want to say that i am know around here as the dumb as.. old man.

i am trying to make myself a music CD , well i wanted to add a song or two each day to the cd-r and everytime i go to add a song , it says cannot write and to put a writeable cd in the drive.
now i got 10 cd-r!s with one song on each of them.

my question is , am i trying to do something that can not be done?

thanks much
Harley

get a cd-rw and don't close your session when you record. A CD-R can only be recorded once.

Zero

thanks for reply.

the cd-rw want play on my home player or my car. guess i will have to save up songs on comp. then burn all at once.

thanks again
harley

A RW could still be useful to save up space. just burn your songs and whenever you have all the ones you want on it, just copy it back on a CD-R.

Yea, CD-RW= CD ReWritable, which means, you can erase the info and burn new stuff onto it. CD-R=CD Recordable, which means you can only burn stuff onto it once and that is it. Don't know if you can delete stuff though..

harley, rw's don't work in a lot of older technology (from like 2 years ago) hehe, but most of the new stuff does read cd-rw's..

Harley, you are in fact trying to do something that is not possible. Everytime you burn a music CD, the burner will close off the CD, thus making it impossible to add more music at a separate time. Your answer lies in your own post. You have to save up the songs, then burn them all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom