Audio Controller Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzone

Beta member
HI all i just installed a new sound blaster Xi-Fi extreme music card.
Then i turned on my computer and it detects the new hardware, but then it has a window come up that says "sound blaster audio does not support windows xp logo. So i tried to continue anyway and it says my audio controller data is invalid. Then i tried to cancel the installation and it says the same thing.

I was wondering how i could delete that file and use one that is windows logo certified or is there anything else i should do?

I have also already installed all the software Cd that came with it and updated the sound blaster drivers.

I got an Asus p4s8x motherboard with a socket 458 P4 .

Uninstall the drivers (using control panel), take the card out and shut down (not reboot). Turn the computer back on and go into BIOS. Make sure the onboard sound card is disabled. Save changes and shutdown. Turn PC back on without any soundcard. Let it boot to the desktop as normal and then shutdown. Re-install X-Fi and boot up and install drivers. Make sure you use the CD that it came with for drivers... don't let Windows find its own.

I've tried that but it wont can't find the neccesary files on my installation disk.

Don't let windows install the drivers!!! If there is "searching" going on, then windows is doing it. When it asks you for drivers, cancel it. Then insert the software CD. You can NOT let windows do it. If you already did, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom