[Q1/Q2 2011] [PC/PS3] DC Universe Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it looks like my RPG group will not be having our usual session this week end, I am picking this off steam.

In a nut shell, DC Universe Online is what Champions Online should of been like. One thing to start off with that just about a lot of people have some idea who is who is the DC Universe.
Firstly, Heroes and Villain PvP!! Nuff Sed! Some thing that was really lacking from CO. Mind you, did does mean that you occasionally get high level character picking off Noobs in the noob area.
Secondly, depending on which "Mentor" you take, your chain of missions will be different. Some thing that did annoy me with alot of other MMORPGs where is a new character, different class, same chain of missions.
Graphically it's rather nice too.

What I am a little iffy about is character creation is limited. You have 5 Base Powers, 3 Travel Powers and a Combat Skills. However at least there you can have a more definite powers with roles on what they can do. Unlike CO where you have all these powers which all did about the same thing. It would of been nice if they allowed people to customize the appearance of the powers too. Why stick with an orange flame when you can have a green flame instead. Other all, I do hope that DCUO does increase the number of powers in the future.
Your character appearance was limited too. DCUO has no where the same level of customisability as CO. However I am sore that DCUO will not have the same number of potential copyright lawsuits because some player with no originality has created yet another Deadpool, Hellboy or Spider-man or some other comic book character.
However what you get in char gen is only start. You can pick up some phat loot armor and other stuff. What I did like about this is that you do have the option to wear new armor and get the bonuses, but still keep to your character previous appearance.
Eg. If you thing your character looks better with out the hat, you do have a the option to turn it off so the hat is not visible, but you still have bonuses to show that you still have it.

Not sure how long I will be playing this, but for now it's an MMORPG that I can play while I wait for SW:TOR to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom