Im taking Computer Programming For High school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M4A1 said:
I took Intro to C++ / Advanced C++, then my senior year I took AP Java.

High school CS isn't that hard, just read up. You'll find out there are plenty of ways for doing the programs, so its not like math class, where you have to memorize this one way to find the right answer. You can do things in multiple manners with computer science, in genera.

You can approach math problems from infinitely many angles just as you can computer science.

raross said:
You can approach math problems from infinitely many angles just as you can computer science.

You CAN approach math from different angles, but not in high school. In high school math, you are taught one, or two (at most), methods of solving a problem. Once you're in college, that all changes as you are taught/forced to try and experiment with different methods.

I am specifically talking about HS math you would expect (aside from maybe AP Calculus).

TheHeadFL said:
There is a good reason that I had to take Calculus 1-3, Differential Equations, Discrete Mathematical Structures 1 and 2, and Physics for Engineers 1 and 2 to get my degree in Computer Science.

Math and Computer Science are inextricably linked.

Calculus is very easy, I love it :)

M4A1 said:
You CAN approach math from different angles, but not in high school. In high school math, you are taught one, or two (at most), methods of solving a problem. Once you're in college, that all changes as you are taught/forced to try and experiment with different methods.

I am specifically talking about HS math you would expect (aside from maybe AP Calculus).

No one limits you in highschool, unless your teacher tells you to do a problem using a particular method.

Hiya KCRMYZ, Its ironic that you say that. I posted almost exactly the same post a few years back because i was interested in programming. I jumped in and immediatly fell in love with it ( C++ Programming). Make sure that you have gone far enough into math, that was the toughest thing for me. And all that **** logic! Anyway, i would say go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom