unfortunate news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jfen posted the rates.... I didnt think it'd be that high off peak.
just telling you what i got in the mail mate.

Dang you guys are complaining about like 8c per kWh... I pay like 20c for half the month LOL
your 15 years old, what do you care lol you dont gotta pay it, i really wish i did not have to pay elec. Would save me alot of time and money.

They did something similar to my area as well, IMO, it should be illegial as fuel, is fuel, it burns the same, sure more gets used during the day, but I shouldn't have to pay an increased price during the day for using something that I have always used, what will they do to rake in all this extra money once people start doing more things during the off-peak hours? hrm?

just telling you what i got in the mail mate..

Sorry what i had ment, was my 1st reply was before i had seen the new rates, then jfen posted them, and the savings weren't as good as I thought they'd be, and now agree with you.

They did something similar to my area as well, IMO, it should be illegial as fuel, is fuel, it burns the same, sure more gets used during the day, but I shouldn't have to pay an increased price during the day for using something that I have always used, what will they do to rake in all this extra money once people start doing more things during the off-peak hours? hrm?

We get boned here because of the way the gov't privatized the power industry. It use to be 5.6cents upto 1000kw, and 6.8cents over 1000kw.

Now it averages 7.8cents... then a ton of other "debt recovery" costs for about 3.5cents ontop of your rate.

Half the bill is cleaning up bad desicions made 10yrs ago.

just telling you what i got in the mail mate.

your 15 years old, what do you care lol you dont gotta pay it, i really wish i did not have to pay elec. Would save me alot of time and money.

I'm actually 16, but yeah I don't pay the electric bill. Just pointing out how crazy expensive living in california is

Here's the power rates for where I live:
Customer Charge: $11.60 per month
Energy Charge: First 800 kwh: 8.613¢ per kWh per month
Each additional kwh: 8.613¢ per kWh per month

Living in the Tennessee Valley does have some advantages... it ain't called the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) for nothing.

I have no idea. Apparently it is for people are more environmentally aware of our power consumptions, so in other words, if you don't acknowledge when you should use the electricity according to them, then they charge you up the *** for it.

I don't really think that charging more for electricity during the day is going to help save the environment, whats the difference if you run your dishwasher at 11:00AM or 8:00PM? I'm not an expert in electricity or the environment but things don't magically use less electricity if you run them at night. Maybe the electric company knows something I don't but it doesn't really make sense to me.

Anyways, that stinks. Hopefully you'll be able to fold full time again in the future.

^ it's about total load on the grid, and therefore power efficiency. Not about using less power on the actual dishwasher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom