New SMP2 negates using VMware

Status
Not open for further replies.
^well if i can get the normal client running, i wont be using vmware notfreds anymore...would be a lot easier to just have 3 smp running, then notfreds on the computers.

edit:well attempted to run the new smp, but it sits there retrying and retrying to get work, its keeps failing. Also, it said 8 cores found, does that mean i need to run only one? or do i still need to run two for all 8 cores.

Yha kmote, fred is behind.

Luke yes, if you run win, let one run on all 8, vmware was the limit to the multiple installs, as by default it only runs 2 cores, but can be setup for more.

I'm curious about how many cores it will use also. Vmware was nice because it was easy to just dedicate 7 cores to it...

Edit: woops missed your post paton

Edit edit: is it easy to set the affinity on a win smp? Other than in task manager

^are you?? hehe how are you on 6.02 if youre on windowss?? Oh wait your native linux aren't you....... That explainsd all. Especially your sig.

The client update is just a drop in eh, not a reinstall.

well attempted to run the new smp, but it sits there retrying and retrying to get work, its keeps failing. Also, it said 8 cores found, does that mean i need to run only one? or do i still need to run two for all 8 cores.

^^u missed that paton...was my edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom