The New, Hopefully Bug Free Folding@Home Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would cause a freeze?

Its very likely as you said that it is just because its BETA, but I once Had the same problem you two are describing. All I did was up the Vcore one notch each time it happened, it stoped happening after upping the Vcore a couple times.. (maybe two or three time, now 1.5125V @ 3.303 GHz)

I'm not talking about my computer freezes, just the actual program will stop doing work and I won't notice unless I check the time stamps. So I don't know how voltages would correlate with the program in any way then..

wow...I'm pretty ****ed...I just completed an SMP WU, last night, and it didn't count or show up.

Yeah that happens.... So far since I started folding I've lost 6 WU's. (not SMP)

My SMP dosen't freeze up.. I have the V-core on auto... It stops folding everynow and then and only happens on certin WU's others are fine, again its probably just the program.

I read on their site that within 2 months they are going to release a different SMP program, but since the one we're using is from march 10th, I'm curious when they're going to make the next one available for download?

Freezes, or just gets really slow? You're running a pretty outdated rig, so F@H may be stressing it pretty good. I dunno, though... I can Fold on my wife's comp (my old eMachine) with a 2000+ and still surf and stuff.

EDIT: Oh, and I just dropped an order for a Sapphire X1950XT... so, within a week, I should be Folding at a much better speed. Plus BF2 will be even sweeter.

congrats trotter what is it's predecessor???? oh wait found it a 7800gtx... u gonna sell it?

the SMP program is working great for me. I've gotten close to 15,000 points since I started using it. I get 1300 or so points per WU which takes me a little under two days. but why is it that a WU that takes my other computer 7 days to complete on the standard client only gets me 130 points? I think there is something a little screwed up with their point system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom