The New, Hopefully Bug Free Folding@Home Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow...then I can do the same. I was just avoiding it, thinking it would crash and stuff. yay...now I can play LOTR, with hundreds of units. So I guess, the SMP just lowers it's priority, when a heavier priority is in use?

b1gapl said:
I use to run two instances of the regular console, along with a GPU client
Care to fill me in on how to get that going? I still can't get the SMP client to run on my rig. Maybe it doesn't like AMD X2's...

I installed two text-only consoles, in separate folders, and set them up. You have to give them a different machine ID, in order to run both at the same time.

Actually I don't think I ran all those three clients at the same time. I ran two text onlys on my C2D, and the GPU in a spare computer. Or it was text-only and GPU client on my C2D, while I had spare computers doing text-onlys.

if I can ever get SMP to work, I'll use it. But, until then, I'll use the GPU and maybe a text.

I got smp working on my lappy x2 after a long sturggle with it...

If you want to install multiple text clients, This is what I did...

Install Console 1 to: C:\Program Files\F@H-Console1
Install Console 2 to: C:\Program Files\F@H-Console2

Configure each conesl and when asked "Change advanced options (yes/no) [no]? " answer yes because you need to change your machine ID on your second console to Machine 2

console 1 should be machine ID 1
console 2 should be machine ID 2

Next make to shortcuts to your F@H console's on the desktop and at the -local tag.

My shortcuts look like this..
C:\Program Files\F@H-Console1\FAH504-Console.exe -local
C:\Program Files\F@H-Console2\FAH504-Console.exe -local

You have to add the local tag, it might not work right if you dont. Don't forget the space...

When your done just run the consoles and hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and set the affinity of console one and its processes to cpu0 and set the affinity of console 2 and its processes to cpu1.

I have both clients running. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is not the same as the SMP, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom