Just started Folding last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy

Fully Optimized
I finally started Folding. Not really sure what I'm doing yet, but I got the client installed and it's running. I put TF's team number in so I guess I'm part of the team now? I also think it's the GPU client, but I think it would be better to have the CPU client installed (it's my media box.) What do you guys think? Anything else I need to do?...just let it run?

Welcome aboard!

Yes, it is better to have the CPU client for that media box. Though I would suggest you specifically use the SMP client for your CPU, since it is a quad core.

Welcome..

If its the ati 3300, yha the cpu core will be top... even better ewould be a vm linux like notfreds, which will perform as fast as a 4 core win smp, but use only 2 cores.

Thanks guys! So, it probably is the CPU as I just downloaded the Windows client from the main download page. Now should I just get the SMP drop-in?

So, paton, you're talking about a virtualized Linux instance?

Actually, notfreds is a vm or diskless setup of linux JUST ment to fold.

You can use free vmplayer or virtual box, vmplayers easier, and it loads up the a 64bit tiny linux OS preconfigured to run fah. You use a web interface to setup the user and team, and thats it.

uses about a gig of ram and is painfuly easy to run.

Folding@Home Diskless Programs is the site to d/l it from... 22megs at the biggest form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom