Winter Fun with Phenom II 1090t

Actively cooled at those temps, should keep it going for a long while if they used quality parts on that board. So then 4.2 should be sustainable. 4.3/4.4 might require the 1.55 cap to be stable.

I've bumped it back down to 3.8 over night. Tomorrow I'll try again for 4.3 or 4.4 and see if I can get it. Somehow I think 4.2 is the top for me though..
Anyway that was fun :) I broke y Super Pi record and if I can hit 4.4 tomorrow I might break it again!! :)

Sleep time for me. Good night guys

UPDATE*************************

4.2GHz CPU @ 1.5v
1800mhz HT @ 1.26v
CPU/NB @ 1.25v
NB @ 1.31v
Memory: stock.
Overclocked VIA Multiplier. FSB = 200 (stock)

This is the best I've been able to do. At 1.55v it almost booted into windows and at 1.6 it seemed Prime95 stable @ 4.4Ghz but I don't like pushing 1.6v to the CPU. So I'm stopping myself here. 4.3 Seemed stable at nearly 1.57v and again I'm not comfortable with that because occasionally it will spike up to the 1.6 area.

I like to blame my motherboard. I think with a higher quality enthusiast motherboard I could push another 200-500MHZ out of it but as it stands this is as far as I go.

Thanks for the help people! Maybe this thread can help someone else interested in AMD overclocking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom