A windows reboot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

plant

In Runtime
Hey all, was previously using uwininstaller's version of xp pro, and getting around 700 on the 3 min video card test (linked to in this forum), and 25 fps on bf 2142 on 2xaa and max settings. I realised how sucky this was, and re-installed a fresh copy of windows xp pro, a nameless version this time round. 3 min video test is now at 2400 and im getting 40/50 fps on bf2142 with AA upped to 4x. Feels good again lemme tell ya, and so far this is all standard clock speeds! I think i can squeeze quite a bit more out of this setup, but the fun is in the trying! Moral of the story chaps, sometimes windows just gets saturated and slow. Dont forget to do a clean boot (format drive and fresh install) once in a while. Peace!

Yes, sometimes windows will get clogged up with crap that boggs down you're cpu. Think of it like you're body, the fatter you get, the more your heart (cpu) has to work to get blood everywhere. When there is less for the blood to get to, it can focus more power on other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom