theoretical cooling option

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Ive been thinking about cooling options for my pc, and one kind of option id almost like to see someone try popped into my head. What i you had a small mini-fridge, with very low temps. Then you cut out the side and install an 80mm fan that is surounded by duct, which sucks cold air out of the mini fridge into the duct, which leads to an intake fan somewhere on your pc, with an air filtert on it to keep unwanted moisture out. Thus sucking in frigid air into you pc, keeping it ice cold. Most of this is probably impossible, but if it isn't im the person to try, my dads a heating and air techitian, he has all the materials(besides the mini-fridge) that i would need. I think it would be kinda neat. The biggest problems would be to keep the air dry, and possibly static free.

its not gonna work. cuz if u have everything duct taped and completely sealed u wont be able to draw air unless u make an intake for ur fridge. unless ur willing to smash a hole in ur fridge for air intake or u ull wont have air flow. its like sucking air out of a bottle. and even though if u make a hole in ur fridge, ur fridge wont be able to freeze the air fast enough since ur talkign about a mini freezer. ur fan filter will also form ice thus blocking the air intake to the case.

good point. Maybe if you could isolate the part that actually cools the air inside the fridge, and removed it or something. Or install and intake fan into the fridge, that bring air in, then it's cooled down and then pumped into you system. What if you even had it on a cycle, with your exaust leading to the intake on the fridge, so it's on it's own cycle, constantly cooling the air in your pc. If you had something that reached below freezing you could see 15-20 c drops in temp possibly, although i don't know a whole lot about cpu temps i know that freezing is 0c and thats a lot less that 35-55 c. ice, well what if you added a dehumidifier to the ystem? lol this is getting really complicated. But think about it, this is extreme cooling here, and it couldbe cheaper than some water cooling setups, if it works right.

hmmm heres an idea... wat if u were to remove all the fans from ur system than put ur case and everything inside a airtight anti-static bag and just stuff the whole thing inside the freezer. that way u dont have to wry about dusts.

there could be a lot of condensation in their though. and you wouldn't be able to open any drives, and it might be a pain. if you just had something that caught condensation and moved it somewhere, like back into the fridge, then you oculd just cool the air with a duct line. And duct is what the use in air lines in houses, like if you see that grey stuff in your floor vents, thats duct. Im not talking about duct tape if thats what anyone was thinking lol. Tomorow i might look into parts that could actually be used for this.

krazieaznboi said:
hmmm heres an idea... wat if u were to remove all the fans from ur system than put ur case and everything inside a airtight anti-static bag and just stuff the whole thing inside the freezer. that way u dont have to wry about dusts.
That is a GREAT idea, if I had an extra fridge lying around I would totally try that. But you wouldn't have any circulation so it probably wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom