please help, computer won't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elperra

In Runtime
Hi. I got a computer from a friend, but it won't start. When you turn it on, you can hear it working but it won't boot, the green light on the start buttom does not turn on. My friend bought this computer from someone who built it for him and it has burn two motherboard already and burn a cpu too, that's what the seller told my friend because it took to fix it twice. What it should be the problem? What can I do, change the motherboard?or should I get rid of it and keep some parts only? The computer is Athlon Duron 800 Mhz, 30hd, 128 RAM, Mobo (I don't know).
Thanks.

Do you actually know how to build a computer? I have successfully built a computer before?

Please refer to the manual and check everything, sometimes you have to manually change the FSB speed to a lower setting - by switching the jumper to different pins. That is maybe why your motherboard keeps frying CPU's.

Example, sometimes motherboards are set by default to 133MHz/200MHz on FSB, and you will have to manually change the jumper setting so that it supports a 100MHz FSB speed - not saying this is your problem, but it could be.

Mabey something is wrong with your PSU. If you arn't really good in this area of computers I suggest just taking it into your local computer hardware store and let them take a look at it.

yea if its actually frying the mobos id say power supply but if u dont know that much about comps follow the above instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom