PC building issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1rate

Solid State Member
Hi there,

I am a little experienced with pc's and i just build a pc from scratch. the problem i am experiencing is that when i press power on the case , the pc power for 2 seconds and stop. there is not POST errors or Beeps. if i keep pressing the power button it will keep the fans running and the light on but if i press it once it stops after 2 seconds. i checked the wiring from the case and power button to the pwr led of the motherboard and everything is fine. i checked the psu wiring to ATX on the motherboard and its fine. my issue is that there is not even beeps so i dont know what could cause the problem.. if it was misplaced cpu for example i would get error message. i tryed to remove the ram and boot and there is no beeps either.
i removed the motherboard from the case to make sure there is no metal touching it , and when i boot the exact same thing happend.

some of my IT friends told me it can be the PSU defective or the Motherboard.. i am trying to eliminate possibilites to target where the problem can come from. anybody had similar situations?

motherboard is Gigabyte a8N ultra
cpu AMD athlon 64 3200
PSU is silverstone 400w
case is Thermaltake Sviking

thanks for ur time

u mean from PSU to the motherboard??

the 2 power connectors are plugged , the 4 pin on the top left , witht the right polarity and the big ATX connector.. if it wasnt it wouldnt even start the pc for 2 seconds with all 3 fans and the LCD screen on the case

no man, i thought about that too but i really checked where i put the on/off switch and they are correct.

i think its either a defective PSU or the Motherboard... but they are both brand new.. thats weird

what about the heat sink fan, if that is'nt connected to the board correctly , the pc won't start

yeah i thought of that too but when i press power , the cpu fan is working for 2 seconds as well as the 2 cases fan and the psu fan.. so its not the issue. from my IT friends they said its either that the PSU is not generating enough power so it stops every 2 sec or that the Motherboard is short circuited and something stops the power from circulating properly.. i dont really know what to do besides bringing my tower to the shop to try the different pieces..

I had this problem once, check the jumper that resets bios to make sure it is correct.

you know i thought about that too , but on the motherboard manual i didnt find the jumpers for that. gigabyte a8N.
i could find the cmos reset jumpers but i didnt find any bios reset jumpers... if the motherboard is brand new, should it be ready to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom