My new build! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by talldude123
Actually that sounds really complicated. Plus I don't think my PC has enough fans (2) and PSU (300W) to overclock.
2 fans is enough (considering you're not counting the PSU fan) if your airflow is good, not blocked by cables and bad organization. 300W is fine too, unless you're doing like a 50% increase overclock. It'll work.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by WorldIndustries
2 fans is enough (considering you're not counting the PSU fan) if your airflow is good, not blocked by cables and bad organization. 300W is fine too, unless you're doing like a 50% increase overclock. It'll work.
I used to overclock with NO case fans, just the side of my case removed, because I hated the higher-pitched noise of 80MM fans.

EDIT: Accidental double post, please don't smite me gods!

Old 01-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to CrazeD Send a message via MSN to CrazeD

WOW!!! AWESOME job on the wire management, lol. That is the biggest improvement I've ever seen, haha.

EDIT: I guess I didn't scroll down far enough...I thought the first pic was the completed work. :P

Still good improvement though, lol.

Nice build, too.

Intel Q9400 | Gigabyte EP45-UD3P | G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2 1000 | XFX HD5870

Need website help? PM me!
Old 01-15-2007, 04:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

Quote:
Originally posted by WorldIndustries
I have a PSU fan and a processor fan. Looks like a huge mama. Must be an AMD thing though. I doubt Acer puts big fans on processors.

I wish I had a case fan, but there is no room for one.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Monster Techie

9 chances out of 10 it's the stock AMD heatsink. It's not huge, but it's around 75mm.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
G33K P0W3R!!!!

Location: HickTown, California (hesperia), and West Hollywood

i think its 75, i havent checked yet, brb.

yea its a 75. i might get a 90m or 100mm fan for it, you know, for future upgrades, i got way enough clearance for how tall, limit is how it will fit between the psu, but its at the same level as the mobo, so its all good. i just wish i had a 120mm rear fan, i got a 92mm...which is alright, it moves a decent amount of air pretty quickly.

almost forgot to say, i have one ribbion already rounded, its a 40 tho, so i cant use it with the hdd. i might round the 80, but first i need some colored electrical tape, and a ride to big-lots, to get a new EL light wire thingy for the inside, or just a couple CC lights for the inside. then i need some spray paint, gonna paint the inside of the case white, and the outside black, and make it shiny, then get a new sheet of plexi and mount it with screws instead of with glue. maybe while im at it, i might mod the back of the case for a 100mm fan, and 2 40mm next to the pci slots, and maybe a 60 up front.

all i can do is wait until i get some money first. tomorrow i might redo my wires, see if i can get them a little better, i dont realy like how the power wire for the dvd is going around the ide cable for it.

hey for those people who know about autozone: do you guys think they might have colored electrical tape? or maybe some heatshrink? theres a couple pc shops around here, but they all suck, i used to work at one a while back, all they had was cheap *** like $30 mobo's and were selling em at like 100...they dont got any sleeving or anything, might make another newegg order, i already know how to remove molex connectors, the only thing is the sata power connector thats on the psu. (man i wish somebody made a 350w+ matx psu with removeable connectors n whatnot, make my day easier, that and i wish i could flip my hdd's around.

EDIT: just hit 2.7GHZ CLICKY CLICKY

all i did was up the voltage .05V and it let me go further, im gonna see if i can hit 2.75, if i can, then new link

all i gotta say, is it is freaking fast now.

EDIT: woohoo! i got my temp and fan sensors working and my fan speed controller, i can finally quiet my pc now. its idling at 24C, havent found load temps yet. and i hit 2.8!!! CLIKETY CLIKETY man this thing is one **** of an overclocker
Need a HDTV? Come find me at BestBuy #108 in Victorville XD
:D-----v Just pwnt my cpu, 900mhz OC v-----:D
Old 01-17-2007, 01:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
G33K P0W3R!!!!

load temps are 36C, not to shabby, pretty good for stock hsf with .05V +
Old 01-18-2007, 11:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

When will you stop spamming? I've already reported 12 posts.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
G33K P0W3R!!!!

eh? talkin to me, or just clicked the wrong button?
Old 01-26-2007, 10:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
G33K P0W3R!!!!

lol w/e...

got my 12in huge *** neon stick thingy modded and in the case... looks nice. heres a pic:

got a EL wire for the front bezel that still needs to be wired up, plus i never got around to getting my wires managed, i need a very fine razor, some electrical tape, and some zip ties.

till then im gonna play NFSU 2, or COD2...if it played fast enough, i need a new vid card, my 7300 dosen't let the pc boot, and its out of rma warranty, so I guess i gotta save for a 7600GT or GS, something to play some recent games, and its gotta be cheap, i gotta get some ram too, thinkin of some corsair value select 1gb (2 512's)

Closed Thread