Computer freezes ramdomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexru1z

Beta member
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum and I'm having a really annoying problem with my computer. I built the computer about 6 months ago and ever since I built it, it have just been freezing ramdomly like every 2-4 hours of use (sometimes even less.) For example, when I watch videos on youtube or play flash games it seems to freeze faster like within 20 minutes.

Oh and when it freezes nothing moves, the mouse/keyboard freezes and I have no choice, but to restart the computer. When I restart it evrything is back to normal, until it freezes again.

I know it is a hardware problem because I have used different OS and the problem persists. Plus, I've done a full virus scan many times, and I'm free of virus.

Here is some computer info:

NEC 16X DVD±R DVD Burner.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3160812AS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive.

Kingston ValueRAM 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 2.0GHz Socket 939 Processor

Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

Geforce 6800 gt graphics card 256 mb pci-express

in-board sound card.

Now, I'm using a large fan, so I don't think it is the heat. I'm only using 512mb of memory, so do you guys think that that could be the problem? I really need your help because I can't a solution to this problem.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

I agree with checking the RAM. Also, you might visually check the motherboard's capacitors (those cylinders) to make sure all are clean and flat. If any are domed or burnt looking, they are bad and that, too, could cause the problem.

You have checked the fan to be sure it isn't getting clogged with dust, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom