Boot Disk Failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this an external drive if so take it out of the case pop it into a machine then see if you can get files off of it? also if it comes down to it you can preform a quick format and recover MOST of the information off of it. also taking the platters out isnt the best idea the read/write heads hover about 1/16th the thickness of a peace of paper from the plates themselves even the slightest peace of dust could set it off track.

That is good to know! Thank you for that tip. I'm looking at MajorGeeks.com now for some sofrware that might help..

Thanks for the input guys!! I looked in the disk management and it was a no-go. The drive is also making a clicking sound when it is turned on. the heads are banging against the inside of the spindle :(.

Here is a movie to show u what it is doing. The room was very clean. not 100% sterile, but I did it in a chem lab that needs TOP sanitation conditions.. The drive ifs for my friends up and coming business...

Hard drive banging inside look, mpeg file It is 7mb and 20 sec long from my digi camera..

Please check it out and let me know what you think !!.

BTW, Bios doens't recognize it. It wouldn't spin up till I took the cover off and replaced it. Now it is running fast again.

Thank you so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom