cooling??

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah just do one thing and make sure its pluged in to the mobo before you turn the computer lol

just pay attention to where u unpluged the old fan and plug the new one right in the same spot!

also...

make sure you have a good intake and exaust flow to get fresh air in the box. if your just reblowing the same hot air across your HS, its kind of pointless. u need a constant flow of fresh air from the outside.

also...

make sure u have quality thermal paste on your cpu/hs interface. thermal pads are crap! i was running hot a few weeks ago (about 59-60*C on my k7 AMD XP). i bought some Artic Silver 5 off ebay for $7. too my horror, i found some shotty white gunk the guy who built my rig claims to be thermal grease. wiped it off w/ alcohol and put a dab of the AS5 on. **be sure to let the AS5 set in for a day before OCing or anything because it takes time to set in/up** now i run at 48*C without changing anything else! i can also overclock ~.1-.2 GHz with no increase in temp! :D

Sometimes I can hear rattling from inside the computer too thats when I notice the temp go up a bit but when theres no rattling it stays at around 50

here's what it says in speedfan

Holy crap!

I've never seen SpeedFan with a Fire warning on it.

And one of your fans is 57 degrees celcius :O

My computer is a little hot as well, its running at 39 degrees :(

Try getting rid of some components that might be making the PSU overwork itself (eg. sound card, modem)

it was not the heatsink. I just found out that my video card was overheating causing high temps. Now my card's fried and it looks like someone took a blowtorch to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom