Dell Inspiron 5150-Broken LCD-need help please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessuba

Beta member
Hi, I just cracked my Dell Inspiron 5150, I have an extended waranty I believe (my dad bought it) and I was wondering, do you have any advice as to what I should do? Would me dropping it (only 1/2 a foot!) be covered in my waranty(I dont want to call my dad or dell until I know my plan as to what I should do)? Would it be better to lie and say it was stolen if its not covered or something of the like (I dont think I should probably do that, sounds risky)? Also, my computer will stay on (didnt at first)- should I not turn it on because the crack is on the inside of the screen and its just a little black line in one corner with a bit of black that has leaked out but doesnt seem to be doing anything anymore. Should I just buy a new monitor or is that incredibly expensive-and if not where should I buy one from? I just need someone to walk me through this! Thanks, any suggestions are incredibly helpful!!!

btw- I dont think I could lie, especially to my dad about it being stolen. Also, it seems to risky to say its stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom