Arctic Silver 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

t1no

Baseband Member
Well i used it on my ZALMAN 7000b UCLA, and i think i used too much(the whole thing). Wondering is anything will happen to my cpu or.... ?(Could not use the internet so i didn't check the instrustions, i was only suppose to use a little.

By the way it's a socket 939, i plan on going to Fry's tomorrow and buy some Arctic silver thermal material remover(or something else if better) and do it over again. From the instructions i read it says to only put a lil in the middle of the cpu and just put your cooler on top of it. I put way too much and it's spreading everywhere, im not using that computer right now till i clean it off. I also got some on the mobo also, it is okay if i use the arctic silver remover on the motherboard?

Any tips on how i should clean it?

THE WHOLE THING :eek: :eek:

to clean it maybe try using 80% alchol...dont know what its called but someone will post up wat it is...

ahahahha.. funny stuff.

at least you had the guts to dive in there and get crackin w/o reading any insructions! real men dn't read instructions nor ask for directions.

which part of the mobo did you get it on? oh and did it get all over the heatsink? that might affect its dissipation ability...

thats good stuff right there, heres me scraping a tiny amount with a razor blade and you use the whole lot!! :)

I think AS5 is supposed to be not conductive but you really dont want to find out so get that stuff off.

nah its kinda conductive its artic SIlVER 5 lol yah remove that suff asap and also some temps would be well funny :)

Not Electrically Conductive:
Arctic Silver 5 was formulated to conduct heat, not electricity.
(While much safer than electrically conductive silver and copper greases, Arctic Silver 5 should be kept away from electrical traces, pins, and leads. While it is not electrically conductive, the compound is very slightly capacitive and could potentially cause problems if it bridges two close-proximity electrical paths.)

Taken from the AS web site

http://www.arcticsilver.com/as5.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom