Why is Intel so popular

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler1989 said:
In most cases the more you learn and know the more you relise just how ignorant you really are.

...how ignorant you really were, you mean.

And yes, if you changed the "are" to "were," then I would have to agree that its a very true statement (in most cases).

nope it is "are" as you then understand there is a whole new level of "smartness" you have not yet obtianed. Then when you reach that level you know that there is still so much more to learn.

AM2 will support DDR2 man. Intel is using it now and AMD is whoopin *** on Intel and when the AM2s come out w/ DDR2 and a better memory arcitechture to use it that will mean faster ram speeds than DDR1 and efficiently keeping the crown over these Conroes.

Tyler1989 said:
nope it is "are" as you then understand there is a whole new level of "smartness" you have not yet obtianed. Then when you reach that level you know that there is still so much more to learn.

Well then I would have to disagree with you. I know now that I was very stupid before. Right now, I know that I DO NOT know microprocessor design. But I knew that I DIDN'T KNOW microprocessor design back when I didn't know about PCs also.

^^ That must've sounded confusing. Read it again, believe it or not, it DOES make sense.

P.P. Mguire said:
AM2 will support DDR2 man. Intel is using it now and AMD is whoopin *** on Intel and when the AM2s come out w/ DDR2 and a better memory arcitechture to use it that will mean faster ram speeds than DDR1 and efficiently keeping the crown over these Conroes.

Sorry, but if the Conroe (thats just the Codename, btw, the real name for the processor is unknown) is going to beat the Athlon 64, then a mere jump to DDR2 memory isn't going to save AMD. Seriously though, the performance increase going to DDR2 isn't going to be that much.

I got my first AMD computer all the way back 6 years ago in 2000. It was an athlon 850 MHz thunderbird if I remember correctly. I loved that thing actually my sister is currently using it to this day.

I think people just donÂ’t know about AMD but it getting better. Back when I got my first AMD in 2000 when I told someone I got an AMD computer they would have no clue what I talking about.

I still remember my first year in college back in 2001 some kid bragging about how he just found out about this underground company that made CPUÂ’s called AMD. I got a big laugh out of hearing that.

At least these dayÂ’s almost everyone I talk to is well aware that AMD exist. Given enough time I think AMD will eventually catch up to Intel. I hear even dell is considering adding AMD gaming computer to there line. There nothing official on that yet.

Actually, yes there is official stuff on that. AMD sued Intel for making a deal with Dell that Dell would only sell Intel CPUs in their systems. AMD won. Dell is supposed to start putting AMD CPUs in their systems now, but so far no real results have come about. Dell HAS started selling individual "Advanced Micro Devices" processors though, and thats in an obscure part of the website where no home user would really dare to venture.

Tyler1989 said:
In most cases the more you learn and know the more you relise just how ignorant you really are.

Thinking of it that way is highly pessimistic. If everyone thinked like that, everyone would think they were idiots. It's about how much "smarter" you're getting and learning, not how stupid you were before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom