Thermal Paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomniac41

Solid State Member
what methods do people use to apply thermal paste. ive heard that some use a bit of saran rap or a plastic bag on their finger to spread it out, and on the artic silver site it appears they reccomend just applying a little blob and letting the heatsink spread it out. Just curious what everyone else thinks.

i just did a li ttle blob in the middle of the cpu then spread it with the heatsink. I am still in "break in" so i cAnt say if it works very well btu i think that is how most people do it

Just follow the instructions and put a little blob in the middle. The heatsink will spread it out.

You first apply a blob the size of a grain of rice, then just put the heatsink on. This is exactly how Arctic Silver (the company) actually says how to do it, so it's probably the best way.

Make sure you rotate the heatsink both ways after you put it on (before you apply the clamps, of course) to ensure even speadature.

EDIT: Elbatrop1, that is an awesome sig.

What about an Intel? They have nearly 4 times the contact area of an AMD processor. How much does a person use then?

eh, I've never dealt with a socket t before, but I was pretty sure that they're about the same size as the AMD K8 processors...

Ryan

Put a blob the size of a grain of rice in the middle of the CPU and then put the heatsink on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom