Ddr2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
I'm sure you all have noticed how cheap DDR2 ram is by know, and I have every intention to order 2 gbs when I build my socket M2 system. But I was thinking, when it is released and all the AMD guys start buying it, do you think its price will go up? I was considering buying the 2gbs now because I think it will. What do you think?

I doubt it. Technology only goes up in price when rarity becomes a player. When AMD begins to use it in its platforms, you're only going to see more and more DDR2 being purchased. You may as well wait and potentially save 59 cents on shipping when you buy ALL of your stuff from newegg.

Socket AM2 isn't going to be all it's cracked up to be... Unless they go insanely crazy with how fast they get the processors moving

Ryan

Its not about the performance to me, its about upgradeability. I am going from an agp, ddr, socket 939 mobo, to a pci-e, ddr2, socket m2 mobo, which is going to be bleeding edge in a way. That will be VERY upgrade friendly.

I seriously doubt DDR2 prices will go up, but yeah, like you said, there are some very nice DDR2 sets out there for pretty cheap now.

Man, I can't wait until Conroe and the AM2 socket chips come out. Shoot, with Yonah doing a 23sec PI time at 2.7GHz, we should see some crazy **** coming our way :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom