System Dma Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

erichan

Baseband Member
HI,
I do not know why I have a yellow ? in 'System Dma Controller' under device manager.I tried to update this driver and choose the 'install the software automatically' but the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software.But funny thing is i tried uninstall it then reboot my PC,a message 'found new hardware' appears.How do i install this System Dma Controller?Pls help!Thks A Lot!

When did this problem start?

Are you having any problems that relate to this one. As in what lead you to device manager to see this?

Ste said:
When did this problem start?

Are you having any problems that relate to this one. As in what lead you to device manager to see this?

I juz have this problem 5 mins after I posted this thread.So far it has not caused any problems yet.I juz happen to check my device mgr as i have juz reinstall my operating system.One thing for sure is that i have installed my operating system properly.I am currently running on windows XP Pro serv.Pk2.Pls advice further.Thks A lot!

Ste said:
Did you reinstall the motherboard drivers along with any other device drivers you have?

I thought windows XP is able to install the motherboard drivers but i was wrong.I downloaded AIDA32 to check the name of my motherboard and what i got is:(Motherboard Name:Aristo AM-957).However,I search all over the net for the driver under this particular brand name but no result.Can you pls tell me where can i download my motherboard driver as i have lost my driver CD-ROM.Thank you very much!

Open up your case for me and look all over.

You should see something like this Gigabyte GA-K8NS 939.

It should be a brand name followed by some numbers and letter combinations followed by a socket type.

Never heard of Aristo..

Ste said:
Open up your case for me and look all over.

You should see something like this Gigabyte GA-K8NS 939.

It should be a brand name followed by some numbers and letter combinations followed by a socket type.

Never heard of Aristo..

I have opened up the CPU casing to check for the information but still cannot find.I desperately downloaded Sisoftware Sandra Lite Unicode(win32x86) to check for me.This is what I found:
Mainboard
Manufacturer : Vtech
Model : 693-686
System Bios : 12/14/2000-693-686-2A6LGV3GC-00
Chipset : VIA VT82C693 Apollo Pro Plus

Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom