Help, did something stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
I'm ashamed to admit this, but I'm going to do it anyway.

My video card fan was squeaking like mad and driving me nuts! So I took the fan out and cleaned it and shot a tad of WD-40 into the bearings area.

When I booted my PC a bunch of smoke came out of the vid card, I shut the system down ASAP. I removed the vid card. I didn't see any area around where it was that had any WD-40 that may have shot out. I booted without the vid card and I could hear the proper post codes so I didn't fry anthing. I removed the fan from the vid card and cleaned it with alcohol I also cleaned the circuit board of the video card with alcohol. I let the card dry over night and when I popped it in and booted up it seems OK.

Besides being an idiot and I'll NEVER use WD-40 on anything near my PC, what else should I check or do to make sure the system is ok to run? I feel like an idiot and am pretty freaked out.

Note: I usually leave my PC on 24 hours a day, so please tell me if you think this would be unsafe to do or any other things I need to check. PC temps are running normal...

LOL, anyways why dont you just run 3dmark a couple of times to make sure the video card is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom