cyclick redundancy check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RicoDirenzo said:
In simple terms, a CRC is bit of mathematics used to ensure that your data is OK when being transfered. It's a checking procedure that quickly identifies when data has been damaged. If you get this message, it means that the file being read by your PC or software is corrupted. However, it does not mean all the data is lost forever. When data is transfered, it is usually in small blocks and each block is given a CRC value. If something goes wrong with the data between the time it leaves the source and arrives at its destination, the CRC sent at the source will no longer match the one that is calculated when the data arrives - this is when the cyclic redundancy check error will appear.

that is the technical terms. in real life that mean a scratched disc

lmao..hars Eric..Although when I have recieved this error this disc has been brand new and not scratched. However I recieved it a lot on my old CD-R data CD's which were heavily scratched..like freaking intitials carved into the cd scratched.

Win2kpatcher said:
lmao..hars Eric..Although when I have recieved this error this disc has been brand new and not scratched. However I recieved it a lot on my old CD-R data CD's which were heavily scratched..like freaking intitials carved into the cd scratched.

Huh? You received a CRE on a brand new cd? I think you meant that the source CD was New and the Target Was scratched? If not..........................Huh?

they are making some cheesey dvd and cd roms these days. they can't read anything or they just can't read a lot of files. they also will give you that cyclick redundancy check

A perfect example is the new BTC cd-rw drive

RonEbayTickets.jpg

this burner will burn cd flawlessly. however you can't use it to install windows xp as it can't read a lot of files on the xp cd. you also can't use this cd to play a lot of games or even install them

I have came across 6 computers in the past 3 months or so, that I could not install windows xp on because it had problem copying all of the xp files to the hard drive. 3 of them had this particular burner (I tell people not to buy it). swapping the drive with an old cheap cd rom has fix the problem each time. this is ridiculous. I can get an old 10 years 2x speed cd rom to read everything, yet a lot of these new cheap ones can't read $hit.

they (manufacturers) need to fix this

Amd2800 said:
well my burner can read all the latest CD's so its ur Burner

it ain't mine, I don't mess with cheap stuff. they were my customers. one lady came and wanted it (the box that I'm holding) installed, I install it, even though I advise her to get a better burner

Warez Monster said:
I get that error when trying to copy protected dvds with shrink

that is that Sony ARccOS copy-protection or a scratched disc. dvdshrink does a horrible job ripping scratched discs. smartripper excels at this (scratched discs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom