Newly Built PC Wont start?! please post

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaky

Solid State Member
Hey all, i just got the parts for my PC yesterday
and everything is compatible with one another, however when i tried to start the system nothing happens, no lights or LEDS come on.. its just plain dead. I really need some help here, because i want to get it running.
I can hear a small sound when i turn the Power supply on at the back, and hear it again when i turn it off, however when i try to turn the pc on from the front it doesnt do anything..

I am really not sure what to do, i have removed all ide cables and everything, the only thing on the mb is the cpu + heatsink, 1 slot of ram in ddr1 , and the ATX and 24bit power in their correct places.. What do i do to get it working

Please help!

New PC specs:
AMD 64 3200+
Gigabyte K8NF-9 MB
Radeon X800 PCI-E 16 (256/256)
1 gig Kingston ddr400 ram

I have my old computers power supply, however the atx isnt 24 pin, and the 400W power supply that came with my new case is 24 pin, should i leave that small cap ontop of the atx input? and also it says in my mb manual the 12bit atx must be connected, is that the small 4 socketed lead coming out of the power supply?

Yes, you need to hook up the 4-pin adapter (ATX -12v) to the mobo. Try this one first. If that does not work, then try your old power supply. Look on page #6 of the manual. the connector is in the upper left-hand side of the mobo. By the printer port.

My mobo came with an adapter for 20-pin to 24-pin. I looked up a picture of your mobo, it did not show the adapter. It looks like it will work with a 20-pin type though. Just leave the cap on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom