USB Controllers Disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple-X

In Runtime
My computer today when turned on, I noticed that the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon was gone in my system tray. But I noticed then when I tried to put in my CompactFlash card into my PC, it didn't read it. Even when I go to My Computer, the USB Controllers aren't there. It seems as if they disappeared. Also, when I go to the Device Manager, under USB Controllers there's one that says Unknown Device, it wasn't there before, and now it is. I tried re-installing the drivers, but it didn't find any for it, I also uninstalled it, but when I refreshed it came back as an Unkown Device. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I cannot use the card readers in my pc like Compact Flash and etc, and also they all don't show up under My Computer.

USB.jpg

What OS btw?

I had kinda the same issue, windows installed USB drivers, I installed USB drivers, windows installed something else overtop of my drivers and made everything f up.

Disregard this topic, I put in my cd that came with the PC and re-installed some programs and drivers and I also opened up my tower and found out that my connection was a little loose. So now everything is fine, thanks anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom