New GTX 970M

The only problem I see with using it for work is that then I will have to let the IT guy touch it. I am quite experienced myself with IT and could easily setup the few necessary things, but I know the guy and he is a but controlling. Then I would probably be forking over control of it also. They would want the ability to control updates and what not. Because our software breaks if the wrong SQL updates get installed. I no longer work pure IT and work as an Integration Engineer and Technical Trainer.

I am thinking the GS70 is a good option because of weight. Maybe the GS60 if I could convince myself to use a smaller screen. But my work laptop is 15 maybe 14 and I want more screen. I am used to working in a situation with two to three monitors.
If that was me I'd tell him to go **** himself lol.

Would it be better to go for the 970m with 6Gb?

I am thinking the more the merrier. Since the new consoles have 8Gb.

I have a pretty good grasp on this just looking for other opinions.
The consoles have 8GB but it's unified so shared for graphics and system. That doesn't equate to us though and 6GB for a mobile chip is pretty on the line between not having enough power to push the extra texture information. I don't suppose it would hurt though.

Back
Top Bottom