Urgent Help Needed

That's why I was trying to say use it without the adapter, but the likelihood of that being the case is very slim.

What is the model of your monitor? I have some old CRTs that work fine on my modern cards.
When you tested the GPU in another computer, did you use your monitor too, or another one? It could be a combination of things not adding up. If you can, try another monitor on your setup.

I'm willing to bet that it's your adaptor.
Could you use a friend's DVI monitor and see if DVI works then?
As in: Get a DVI monitor, keep the video card hooked up and plug the DVI cable with no adaptor into the video card, then try to boot the PC.

Edit: ninjad by Mguire

That's why I was trying to say use it without the adapter, but the likelihood of that being the case is very slim.

What is the model of your monitor? I have some old CRTs that work fine on my modern cards.
When you tested the GPU in another computer, did you use your monitor too, or another one? It could be a combination of things not adding up. If you can, try another monitor on your setup.

I used his monitor and it worked.
My Monitor is a Compaq WF1907v.
I can't get another monitor anytime soon so i guess i'll stick with Intel.

I'm willing to bet that it's your adaptor.
Could you use a friend's DVI monitor and see if DVI works then?
As in: Get a DVI monitor, keep the video card hooked up and plug the DVI cable with no adaptor into the video card, then try to boot the PC.

Edit: ninjad by Mguire

Your second is want i want to choose, but i can't.
A DVI Monitor works fine, with no problems at all.

You could always send the card back and get another one. Not the most opportune thing, but it could just be some weird compatibility issue with the card and your monitor.

Back
Top Bottom