Cooling Pad Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
So I was looking at all these cooling pads and got confused.

Is it better to have 1, large, high CFM fan blowing air up into the laptop's intake vents, or several smaller 'localized' lower cfm fans blowing only directly into the intake vents?

Or does it matter?

I found a few models my future-laptop should fit it, but being as the laptop is like 90% likely to have GPU failure due to overheating - I am taking every step to prevent that (redoing the heatsink, better thermal compound, underclocking the GPU, etc)

Then I got to thinking about the air-intake and looked at pictures, and was shocked at how LITTLE they were, doesn't seem like they would 'suck in' much air at all!

So I got to looking at the cooling pads and came to a conclusion that some of the super-cheap ones, just need better fans or fan locations. (because if air isn't blowing into the vents- it's not helping!)

So THEN I got to thinking about multiple smaller fans localizing air intake, or 1 gigandahumungous (7.9inches, 200mm case fan - modify the power to Battery) fan with 110CFM blowing on the whole bottom of the laptop (darn near the whole thing anyway) - and just makin sure the GPU air intake is FULLY covered by the fans power. (so it receives as much air as possible)

What do you think? 1 big fan? several smaller fans fit over the vents? doesn't matter at all as long as a good amount of air is going IN (and being vented out)

I thought about modifying the fan to USB - but USB only provides like what, 5v power, when some case fans use more then that, and I want good results not just spinning blades, so it wouldn't be hard to take some battery clips and combine rechargeable batteries to the proper voltage to get the thing running full speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom