Computer Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoF Ripsaw

In Runtime
I need a new computer due to the lack of power my dell dimension 3000 has. I was into alienware for awhile but the price has convinced me to just build my own computer. Sadly I am not someone who knows to much about what is better and if the difference is worth it.

I need something that can play current and future (2 years in the future at least) games. and multi task. I want to be able to upgrade too and have alot of PCI (?) slots. All I really need is a god computer that I can upgrade. I am on a really tight budget and would be lucky with a $1,000 budget.

I tried shopping for myself but I couldn't figure out what was better, Did I really need that and what not. If anything please give some computer component guide links and the specs of your computer.

don't double post, if you want to add something else just edit your post.

pretty much any alienware is a heaping waste of money, taking that same amount of money and building it yourself will almost always be the better option, hands down.

if you want me to more closely compare building vs buying an alienware, just post a link to the specific model you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom