How to disable Win7 from installing Nvidia drivers automatically/

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Ok this has been frustrating me for a whilenow
My usual steps for a clean driver install is uninstall driver first
goto safe mode and use driver sweeper, then reboot into normal mode and install new drivers
but since ive been using win7, whenever after i boot into windows after safe mode , windows automatically installing an older nvidia driver...
How do i disable this?
I've gone into windows/sys32/driver folder where it gets it from and cudnt delete it cos it said it was protected or something and i could'nt bypass that no matter what i tried...

I was just watching a movie and i got a bsod, i get erros while playing games once in a while...
I really just wanna do a clean install...

Thanks

With win7 just uninstall the old Nvidia drivers, reboot, and install the new ones. Don't need to worry about what win7 automatically installs.

At least, that's what I've been doing for my last 3 driver upgrades and every single one's worked fine.

With win7 just uninstall the old Nvidia drivers, reboot, and install the new ones. Don't need to worry about what win7 automatically installs.

At least, that's what I've been doing for my last 3 driver upgrades and every single one's worked fine.

figured it out, plus i don't like how it did that so now its much better

Goto device manager, go on display, when u see ure gfx driver card, right click it and select update driver software
It gives u 2 options, select browse my computer for driver software.
Then select let me pick option
You'll see the standard vga gfx adapter, select it and click next and install it
After u uninstall ure nvidia drivers and restart, it will install that and not the wddm driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom