to heatsink or to not heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
The case is 7.8" wide, the fan is 25mm (.98475") so that leaves 6.81525". The Dark Knight is 159mm which is about 6.25984", so that leaves .55541" or a tad more than a 1/2" of clearance. The question is how much space is there from the back panel to the top of the CPU. It will be close.

I would replace the Plexiglass panel with some Honeycomb Modders Mesh and then you could move the fan to a slightly different location. Or not bother with a fan like I did here :D
windowa.jpg

slay, wouldnt a honeycomb mesh invite an excess amount of dust? hmm i wonder if i can just get a fresh piece of plexi glass and cut out a new hole for the case fan =) maybe towards the bottom where the graphic card is at

p.s. trying to hit 40 posts so i can add a sig and a custom avatar YAY

You really need to open a checking account, you'll get a debit card for ordering parts online.

Black
A.C. Ryan MeshxPanelâ„¢ HEXX 500x500mm 1.0mm Alu - Black Products Model: ACR-XP00618 [ACR-XP00618] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Silver
A.C. Ryan MeshxPanelâ„¢ HEXX 500x500mm 1.0mm Alu - Silver Products Model: ACR-XP00625 [ACR-XP00625] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

It cuts easy, I used a small set of wire cutters. You can mount it using the existing screws from the plexiglass. You might need to add a washer since the Mesh is skinnier than the Plexi.

A fan blowing/forcing air (and dust) into your case is worst. Or mine stays cleaner than the case I have loaded with fans. You need to clean them all out every so often anyways. The Mesh looks good, you'll be wanting to keep it pretty :D
class8c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom