My Computer Doesn't Like DVD Burners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well... it could simply be power management issues... maybe it's a cheap one that's dumping either too much power or it's "dirty" (noise/interference and unstable voltage) that would do the trick. HDD are more sensitive than ODD because of the precision and complexity of the device.

having unstable voltages is most likely what's causing this. When you get home also post who makes the power supply as well

having unstable voltages is most likely what's causing this. When you get home also post who makes the power supply as well

Here is the power supply spec:
Brand: Turbolink
Model: CWT-420ATX - 12V (420W MAX)
Voltage: 115/230V
Current: 10A/5A
Frequency: 60/50hz

Turbolink is a pretty bad PSU known for their voltages bouncing across the map, and in some cases not outputting what they claim. At least this is what i gather from them.

from turbolink psu [Archive] - Overclockers Forums:

I have a Turbolink CWT 420ATX. It is the worst powersupply, I've ever owned. It could be mislabelled, the quality of the case and components are terrible. The voltages bounce like crazy and the output is far below 420W. I've owned a couple old CWTs and this isn't on the same planet. It is very possible that turbolink is using the same label for non-CWT powersupplies. It has been setting on a shelf for a while. I considering taking the fans out and cutting the wiring and scrapping the rest.

i would get a new PSU, from some trusted brand like Corsair, Antec, Cooler master, Rosewill, OCZ, Thermaltake, or Raidmax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom