New build, resolution problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
Okay so I've got my new build up and running. Installed new catalyst drivers.

But my monitor is a TV and its native res is 1336x768. This is not an option though in catalyst, only when I go to personalize desktop in windows. Also, it is not taking up my whole screen (1336x768).

Anyone got anyway to help a poor nooby? Thanks in advanced.

edit: in catalyst I was able to make a custom resolution, it claims 720p is 1280x720 however. Which is not true. Not sure what to do.

edit: in catalyst I was able to make a custom resolution, it claims 720p is 1280x720 however. Which is not true. Not sure what to do.

Actually, that is true :) But there are three kinds of 720p-standard resolutions. The one that you're looking for is WXGA, i.e. 1366×768. You should probably be able to set Catalyst to display that.

720p res's:
1024x768 (XGA)
1280x720 (standard 720p)
1366x768 (WXGA)

It looks okay at 1280x720 so I'm just going to leave it. Don't feel like messing around with it honestly. But, I have a new problem.

I have a netgeat wireless pci card. On my old XP system it supported 108 mbps.

Here is the update I have,
Answer

So works for vista, but it's slower, 54mbps. This is going to be a rather noticeable difference won't it? Also, is there anything I can do for this?

If you're only web surfing, there's going to be no difference at unless you have a connection that's reliably faster than 54mbps. Which is unlikely, but possible. The only thing that would slow down would be transferring files over the network between comps. Slightly.
Not quite sure what you can do about it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom