Pc restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster

Beta member
Hey there guys, came here to see if any of you guys could maybe help me figure out my friends problem, I already fixed their first issue was that harddrive had some corrupt files and it wouldnt start up to windows. Now computer boots up fine and gets to windows loading screen(windows xp) and it restarts, 2nd time it boots up it gets to welcome screen and to put pass, but than it restarts again . 3rd time it boots up fine and it gets to desktop and it does not restart. Im wondering the power supply is causing this? or maybe a bad mobo and needs to be replaced. Or could it be boot sector in harddrive is messed up? if you guys can help me, that would be great tongue.gif
another thing to note too is that this comp is customed built and all it has on cpu is a heatsink, now the fan to cool the cpu is not on top of the heat sink, its on the side panel that you take off to open comp and look inside, could it be it overheats thats why it restarts 3 times before it boots up fine, but dont see why thats causing that problem now after song long of being like that.

First. The fan that is suppose to be on the CPU heat sink, should be on the heat sink "not on the side of the case." That fan will be far more beneficial on the HS then on the side of the case.

It sounds like a boot sector issue to me. Probably a corruption of some sort. Try running TESTDISK for windows XP. If that doesn't fix it. Then try running the "Recovery Console" from the windows installation disk.

Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console for advanced users

how do i do testdsk or what you're talking about? is it a software i have to dl or what? or down through command prompt?
ra3? I played that aswell, i stopped because im waiting for patch :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom