Firefox crashing on My old laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplynoclue

Solid State Member
First laptop i bought around a year ago is a basic compaq celeron. and Firefox keeps crashing! I don't really have an explanation as to why it is doing this. Firefox ran and still runs on my new laptop and my mates laptop so i know it isn't down.

Ie has those global viruses apart from the fact i havent used ie for well over 3 years. I find google chrome is horrible with file transfer speeds as is Opera. I don't like the interface of Safari at all and the available extensions or add-ons is minimal at this point in time.

So Firefox is the only one I am content with and It doesn't work. I am running safari atm.

I got recovery disks for this compaq. so i am thinking about wiping the C partition and starting again. It's just getting slow-ish.

Have you uninstalled Firefox and removed all the App Data folders for it? So that it will be seen as basically a fresh brand new install instead of a update?

You may also look for some portable version of Firefox (I know it exists, do not remember where and what is its name though). This will release some memory, and I hope prevents often crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom