Upgrade CPU, Motherboard & RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be no difference in performance between the different brads of 8800gt's unless the are factory overclocked. I would get XFX since they have a double lifetime waranty which covers overclocking and installing aftermarket cooling.

Switch it for what exactly? and will it run games better than the core 2 duo?

Also can any one tell me what is the difference between the brands of Ram. I can get Corsair, Kingston and TeamElite but there is a huge price differnce. AND would it be better to get the 6400/800 or 5300/667 or go down to 2gb and get it in 8500/1066. What is the differnce?

Last thing, if i ended up getting the 8800gt would any one recommend Asus, Gigabyte or XFX. I am leaning towards Asus as there is a minor performance gain over the Gigabyte (i think) with no cost difference.

to a q6600. It won't run better now but it will in the future. The difference in ram could be pcb and ram ic's. Each manufacturer has their performance versions that usually consist of 6 layer pcb's and micron ic's(sometimes handpicked). You must be referring to Team Group not Team Elite. Also I would just get ddr2 800 kits and overclock them. They will run 1066 if you pick up some good sticks. Check out Patriot extreme performace ram.

I have known about overclocking for ages and it sound great if you can do it and do it correctly, but i am a little affraid of it also because you can destroy your system if you **** it up.

What the **** do you do to overclock?

Besides Switching out the Core 2 Duo for the Quad was there anything else that you would reccommed?

By the way what do you mean it won't run better now but will in the future, what is the advantage of the quad over the duo?

And no, i wrote Team Elite because that is what it said Centre Com Online

By the way what do you mean it won't run better now but will in the future, what is the advantage of the quad over the duo?

I think he means that the current programs and games aren't fully multi-threaded, meaning that they only use 1 or 2 of the cores and not taking advantage of all 4 cores.
Or
he could mean that it's more future proof because it's a quad and later on more multi-threaded apps will come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom