PC ALWAYS crashes after a night sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shockwave plugins are most likly not related.
Would it be possiable to try a different card?
I would also reccomend checking your startup folder / sheduled tasks for weird things starting up that could be causing the crash.

I.e having a prog run at 6.00am every day thats causing errors and thus when powering up first time round causes the prog to run.

~ Tkey

The shockwave plugins are most likly not related.
Would it be possiable to try a different card?
I would also reccomend checking your startup folder / sheduled tasks for weird things starting up that could be causing the crash.

I.e having a prog run at 6.00am every day thats causing errors and thus when powering up first time round causes the prog to run.

~ Tkey

When you say different card I'm assuming you mean a different video card?

And as for any startup programs... I just newly formatted my hard drive and clean installed XP so there isn't anything there - yet! :)

PJ

Yes can you try a different video card. Maybe a onboard video card?

As far as a video card is concerned... any suggestions?

And as for hibernation... the computer crashed as well after I returned from it. So anytime the computer has shut down for an extended period of time and I boot up it's always a matter of seconds before the screen turns black. It's hard to say what the computer is doing, because I can't see a thing, but I can tell you that it doesn't power off/down. I need to reboot it manually, unless I chose the option to automatically reboot after a system error/crash/

PJ

Well if you can not test it with a different Video source there is nothing we can say. Other than make sure you have teh latest drivers.

So it goes to standby and then does nothing. So it sounds as if the video drivers fail to recover from standby.

Are you sure you have the latest video drivers? If so go to the manufacturer website and lodge a complaint and see if they will release updated drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom