GAA! helpp please comp major issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj33189

Baseband Member
ok, so i went exploring in my comp cos i wanted to learn new things (i shouldnt have.. i really shouldnt have) and i take off the CPU fan and out with it comes the processor.. now i connect the processor back.. and lock it and all that.. and i close everything up and i boot the comp up.. the light comes on it powers up and everything.. but there is nothing coming up on the monitor.. im not a tech guy i know basically nothing compared to all the experts on this forum.. i Have a p4 1.5 Ghz.. please help me with any tip or something to try i gladly appreciate it.. this is my family comp and not exactly mine.. PLEASE GUYS I desperately need it .. thank you

ohhh man ..!!! well u know i also did that once ....! the processor fell to the ground and 1 pin broke .....but it stilll works hurray..... ok u didn force it in did u ....??? i mean it goes in really smooth....did u apply even a bit of force ... well i don know even if you did or not take the processor out... check the processor if it has any pin turned or ne thing ... if not put it back in by checkin the cuts on it ...! it only goes in 1 position.....!! ....after that check if it works ... and if it still doesn reset your bios by changing the jumper ...you may find it near the cmos battery....

is it possible you bumped something out, besides the processor?
I once thought I f***ed up my comp by putting a new RAM disk in, and when I turned it on it was black
I opened the case and just pushed the RAM disk a little more, booted up and it worked fine after that

alright.. thanks for all the support Vnet and apokalipse.. however.. it didnt work.. i cleacned out the processor and fixed any bent dealies.. and that didnt work.. so then i Reset the BIOS in 2 ways.. by removing the battery for 8-10 mins and by changing the jumpers.. if there are any special instructions that i missed please let me know so i can try again... and then as apoka said i checked the ram modules and all connected wiring to check if they were secure and then rebooted ... same result.. yea.. so anything else and it'll be mucho appreciated.. thanks
JJ

so wait.. even though the fan runs.. its still good to check where i plugged it in.. ? .. gotcha chief ill try those first thing tomorrow morning.. thanks again guys and ANY ideas, suggestions.. just let me know and ill do my best.. thanks SUPER MOD TOO!
Jj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom