RAM Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol....I don't even remember the first experience. But you're welcome.

What you can do, is try two configurations.
-Alternating order.....1 x 1GB / 1 x 256MB / 1 X 1GB / 1 X 256MB or the 1GB sticks next to each other, and the 256MB sticks next to each other.

One of them, has to be dual channel. Just try both and look if it's in dual channel mode.

edit: I see in your previous screenshot, of your memory sticks, it does say Dual mode at the top right, when you had the 256MB sticks in. So how is it configured on the motherboard?

I guess ill find out when I crack open the case. Could I just put the 1's in the remaining slots? Or would I want to replace the 128's with the 1's and put the 128's in the remaining slots. Or would that not make sense/be worth it.

If it's already in dual mode, just stick the 1GB sticks, in the remaining slots.

...128s?? I thought you had 256 sticks?

if you put them in and leave your old sticks in as well, they will run at ddr2 533 (the same speed as your old sticks) instead of ddr2 800.
i would just take the exisiting sticks out and put the gskill in the same slots.

Agreed. I'd rather have 2GB of RAM running at DDR2-800, rather than 2.5GB of RAM running at DDR2-533.

Ok Thanks. Its a good thing im buying this memory because I think I just got a corrupted driver on the physical memory. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom