Computer Issue...desperate please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster12348

In Runtime
so i was trying to install a 1gb of memory on my hp pavilion a1030e and this little blue square fell off the motherboard on top it has metal inside. I found where it went and it was the only little blue square and it had another little blue square right beside it... so I turned on the computer with the 1gb put in but that thing out and it shortcircuited and now it doesnt turn in. so i put the square back in and well it wont work... any idea wat that blue thing is.(it was near the edge) and wat happened and if I can fix it?

so your computer won't turn on anymore? turn the switch on your psu on and off, maybe the psu died.

It sounds like that was a voltage regulation pot for each DIMM slot... A way of them easily limiting the voltage going to the ram.... Go back to a single old stick that you know damned well works and put it in a different slot... And yea...

yah it was pretty funny, I turned it on without that part and I fried my motherboard... I got a new one for 60 and 60 for installation and drivers and everything... yep..... so does a new motherboard make a computer go faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom