Any wireless adapters that work with Windows 98?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComposerRyan

Beta member
Hey everybody,

My family and I are currently wanting to upgrade to cable internet access. However, we have to network our two computers to share the cable internet.

Our first computer uses Windows XP and our second computer runs off of Windows 98. We are planning on using a Netgear router. We also have a Netgear wireless adapter that we want to use on the Windows 98 computer, but the wireless adapter ONLY runs on Windows 98SE or higher. We cannot use a wired connection on the Windows 98 computer since the computer is located up stairs away from the cable connection.

So, here's our problem: we need a wireless network adapter that would work with a Windows 98 computer. So far, we've only seen adapters that work with Windows 98SE and higher. So, can you recommend any wireless adapters that would work with Windows 98?

I've looked at both Netgear and Linksys and they only offer Windows 98SE and higher adapters.

So, any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks,

Ryan

You're right a lot only support 98SE and up, but I found this Linksys wireless adaptor that looks to support just plain old 98. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom