2nd Best Movie on Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
havent seen it, but probably one of those movies ill end up liking even though ill delay watching it so long over the hype... and after loving it wont care to share it with the world.... i just predict it being one of those wierd movies that i like :p

Its about a depressed actor who is on loads of meds, who goes back home to New Jersey when his paraplegic mother drowns in the bath. The film is about him waking up and becoming a better person.

here is what IMDB said:

Plot Summary for
Garden State (2004)

Andrew Largeman shuffled through life in a lithium-induced coma until his mother's death inspired a vacation from the pills to see what might happen. A moderately successful TV actor living in Los Angeles, "Large" hasn't been home to the Garden State in nine years. But even with 3,000 miles between them, he's been unable to escape his domineering father Gideon and the silencing effect he's had on his son from afar. Stunned to find himself in his hometown after such a long absence, Large finds old acquaintances around every corner living quite unique lives as gravediggers, fast food knights and the panderers of pyramid schemes. Meanwhile, at home, he does his best to avoid a long-simmering but inevitable confrontation with his father. By a twist of fate, Large meets Sam, a girl who is everything he isn't. A blast of color, hope and quirks, Sam becomes a sidekick who refuses to ride in his sidecar. Her warmth and fearlessness give Large the courage to open his heart to the joy and pain of the infinite abyss that is life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I enjoyed it, it was written/directed and starred in by that guy that plays JD in scrubs... it is a comedy but not of the ben stiller or adam sandler variet. All in all I thought it was a pretty good film!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom