Reasons Geeks Call in Sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=496 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>11.</TD><TD align=left nd="1">Hard drive is making funny noises and you need make a back up ASAP.</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left width=28>10.</TD><TD align=left width=473 nd="2">You're actually sick because you spent all weekend outside in line for tickets to the latest X-Men movie.</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>9.</TD><TD align=left width=473 nd="3">Monitor died and you couldn't sleep without its soft glow.</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>8.</TD><TD align=left width=473 nd="4">You're down ten grand in online poker and you can't quit now.</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>7.</TD><TD align=left width=473 nd="5">All day Star Trek TOS marathon on the Sci-Fi channel today.</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>6.</TD><TD align=left width=473>Found a really great unsecured webcam at Google headquarters.</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>5.</TD><TD align=left width=473 nd="6">Mistakenly thought caffeine overdose was heart attack.</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>4.</TD><TD align=left width=473 nd="7">Cut self badly assembling PC and had to go to the emergency room.</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>3.</TD><TD align=left width=473 nd="8">Visit from corporate "suits" about missed delivery date on software project.</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left height=16>2.</TD><TD align=left width=473 nd="9">Marathon flame war about which operating system is best just won't end. </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>1.</TD><TD align=left width=473>World of Warcraft </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BBspot - Top 11 Reasons Geeks Call in Sick

What about, saw a glimpse of the neighbor's hot wife in a bikini this morning and have to spend the rest of the day............alone...................

The funny thing is.... Number #1 is ture.
Record Number of People Expected to Call in Sick to Work Today - Business - People Search News - Who will you find today? The latest News on People Searching

"It was crazy. I came in on the morning of the 17th and had about 25 voice mails, all from the IT staff, calling in sick. Now, it is the 18th and those same people called in sick again. That is more than 80% of our IT staff. We had the desktop guy trying to do server maintenance and debug the exchange server. People were getting really upset and there was nothing we could really do," Spencer said.

Wow, That's not even being a geek, That's just being a loser. When it gets to the point that you're willing to lose out on a day's pay to play a video game you should probably stop.

Wow, That's not even being a geek, That's just being a loser. When it gets to the point that you're willing to lose out on a day's pay to play a video game you should probably stop.

IT Geeks are USUALLY salary geeks, so they get PAID days off... I do... :D

I usually take a 'sick day' when my lady begs me to stay home... then I get to the point where I have like 2 days left, and 6 months left in the year... lol

Been guilty of the following.
11. Hard drive is making funny noises and you need make a back up ASAP.
10. You're actually sick because you spent all weekend outside in line for tickets to the latest X-Men movie.
5. Mistakenly thought caffeine overdose was heart attack.
4. Cut self badly assembling PC and had to go to the emergency room.
1. World of Warcraft

Okay.... number 10 for me was the DAREDEVIL movie. However i did wake up feeling rather poorly that morning. It just happened to be same days that Daredevil came out. I currently have the boss bugging me jokingly about whether or not I am going to be at work when Spider-Man 3 comes out. I told him that I will catch a session after work as I don't like doing Midnight Screenings any more.
I did number 5 with a strong coffee, garrana tablet and a No-Doze Plus. I do not recommend this to any one as I could feel my heart beating for the next 3 days.
Number 4 was with a LanLi Case which took a nice chunck of flesh out of my fingure while i was installing a PSU. The funny thing was that it was the boss's LanLi case.
Number 1 was when I was addicted to Star Wars Galaxies and one of the reasons why i will never get involved in Guild Politics ever again.

Where does MIDNIGHT RELEASE of Halo 2 / World Of Warcraft Burning Crusade / XBox360 / Wii / Playstation 3 fit in?
I got one of my friends that have been sick because of all 5 of those.

The funny thing is.... Number #1 is ture.
Record Number of People Expected to Call in Sick to Work Today - Business - People Search News - Who will you find today? The latest News on People Searching

"It was crazy. I came in on the morning of the 17th and had about 25 voice mails, all from the IT staff, calling in sick. Now, it is the 18th and those same people called in sick again. That is more than 80% of our IT staff. We had the desktop guy trying to do server maintenance and debug the exchange server. People were getting really upset and there was nothing we could really do," Spencer said.

I have ToV pay out on me about that one. The funny thing was that that I desided to end my holidays a day early that day because there was a lot of work on at the time. A lunch time, I just simply walked down to the JB HiFi where they were selling it $20 cheaper than every one else.

And then about 2 months later.... I quit playing the game. Mind you, I did have my sister's BF take the next few days off work because of WoW. And there was another freind of mine that spend an entire holiday just playing WoW.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="496"><tbody><tr><td align="left">11.</td><td nd="1" align="left">Hard drive is making funny noises and you need make a back up ASAP.</td></tr><tr><td align="left" width="28">10.</td><td nd="2" align="left" width="473">You're actually sick because you spent all weekend outside in line for tickets to the latest X-Men movie.</td></tr><tr><td align="left">9.</td><td nd="3" align="left" width="473">Monitor died and you couldn't sleep without its soft glow.</td></tr><tr><td align="left">8.</td><td nd="4" align="left" width="473">You're down ten grand in online poker and you can't quit now.</td></tr><tr><td align="left">7.</td><td nd="5" align="left" width="473">All day Star Trek TOS marathon on the Sci-Fi channel today.</td></tr><tr><td align="left">6.</td><td align="left" width="473">Found a really great unsecured webcam at Google headquarters.</td></tr><tr><td align="left">5.</td><td nd="6" align="left" width="473">Mistakenly thought caffeine overdose was heart attack.</td></tr><tr><td align="left">4.</td><td nd="7" align="left" width="473">Cut self badly assembling PC and had to go to the emergency room.</td></tr><tr><td align="left">3.</td><td nd="8" align="left" width="473">Visit from corporate "suits" about missed delivery date on software project.</td></tr><tr><td align="left" height="16">2.</td><td nd="9" align="left" width="473">Marathon flame war about which operating system is best just won't end. </td></tr><tr><td align="left">1.</td><td align="left" width="473">CSS</td></tr></tbody></table>

BBspot - Top 11 Reasons Geeks Call in Sick

and thats me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom